- Week two of dry January!
- Saw the Mean Girls musical movie and enjoyed it! When the stage musical toured through SF I saw it, and hated it. I think it was the first show I saw that had an entirely digital set. All projection mapping, so very little interaction with a “house” or the “school”. It just felt lazy… and plastic? So the movie having physical sets, and the ability to cut to different shots during the musical numbers helped a ton. The music is still meh to good, all written by Tina Fey’s husband (lol). There are a couple of good cameos, including Meghan Thee Stallion, who I just want to be in everything.
- Babes in Ho-lland at Shotgun players. Shotgun Players is a small community theatre in Oakland, and we’ve been members for a few years. The shows range from incredible to … incredibly ambitious, but I’ve never walked out of a show unhappy that I went.
- Started a remix on Glitch for the January Code Jam, that is asking for ✨ new default CSS ✨. I tried to find the CSS Zen Garden that I submitted 15 years ago (yikes), but haven’t been able to find it. Will share in next weeks lil post.
- Doritios Spirit
- I need this. Unfortunately, it’s sold out. Fortunately, someone has given me the tools I need to infuse alcohol with something like doritos.
- This will be the first thing I do at the end of dry January.
- Why would I buy this useless even thing: Blog post written by Chris Person and sums how I felt watching the coverage of the Rabbit r1 device.. I just can’t wrap my head around how the financials are going to work, and why I would want to carry around a second device to make my primary device more useful?
- I subscribe to / pay for a lot of local news here in the bay, and am always looking for the equivilent in other cities I travel to a lot. Now I’m a subscriber to The City, local news for NYC.
Leadership / Management