Why is it so cold inside in America

What do you call < and > in programming? Brackets? What if instead... beaks.

It has to do with these symbols: < >. We use these a lot and need to refer to them in conversation with other developers a fair amount, too. What in horse hockey are those called? I’ve heard them called “angle brackets”, “carets”, and the “less-than” and “greater-than symbol”.



Link Posts: These are stream of consciousness, full of things I've read through the day and sent to friends, kind of formatted.