Week Of 07/07/23
- The Fourth of July happened. We had a small BBQ in the backyard with friends. It doesn't feel like I have anything to celebrate in the US, but I'm glad to have friends to celebrate with. Coming back to work on Wednesday was very hard 🥵
- Booked tickets for Barbie + Oppenheimer double feature 💥
- Met Danica Roem at a fundraiser, she's running for state senate in VA, after her house district got split into three districts. She was so passionate about regular people issues (traffic circles, bike infrastructure, school lunches). She's a huge fan of metal, and sat on stage air drumming between selfie requests.
- Started reading a new book by Justin Cronin, The Ferryman. I'm only a little bit in, not sure if I like it yet.
- Finished BEEF??? This is why I'm always nice to crows.